Sanguinare Vampiris is the Vampirism disease in Skyrim that you could contract by fighting with two pesky vampires in the Broken Fang Cave. It can be only be cured in the first 72 hours that lead up to your character becoming a blood-sucking vampire.You gain Vampire skills like invisibility, night-vision, bloodlust, no reflection in the mirror but it becomes very annoying when everyone in Skyrim tries to kill you. If you’ve contracted the Sanguinare Vampiris disease, you have three days to get rid of it before becoming a fully-fledged vampire.
Here are two ways to cure the Vampiris Sanguinare disease: (and a third way: *spoiler* Skyrim Cheat Cures Sanguinare Vampiris
- Use a common disease-curing potion.
- Pay your respects at the Talos Shrines outside Whiterun and Dragonsreach, if you can find it!
If you've had the disease for more than 4 days you will become a vampire. This is evident when people annoyingly attack you on sight. You can curb these attacks by drinking the blood of a sleeping person, like a beggar. Sneak up to and interact with the sleeping person to drink their blood to revert to a level 3 vampire.
Another way to get around unharmed for a limited time is to use your vampire skills like Embrace of Shadows and Vampire Seduction.
To quit being a vampire after you've turned...
- try talking to an Inn Keeper and ask about any rumours they've heard lately. They should tell you that Falion in Morthal is studying vampires. Follow up on that quest and learn the secret to becoming un-vampire.
It is said that Lycanthropy or Werewolf disease can cure you of vampirism but I am too chicken to try that 'cure'.PS:
- Remember not to overwrite your previous saved games so that you do not become stuck at a point where you can never return to your former self.
- If all else fails you will need to restart your character, and that is one of the worst Skyrim experiences ever!
How else can you be cured of the Vampiris Sanguinare disease and vampirism?
Check out these posts for the cure for vampirism:
- Skyrim: How To Cure Vampirism
- How To Cure Being A Vampire
- The Elder Scrolls 5 – Skyrim: How To Cure Vampirism